Tamaron's new compact mega-zoom lens12 December 2010
Tamron are introducing a new mega travel zoom with a focal range of 18-270mm. It features a newly developed Piezo ultrasonic motor, which ensures a silent, precise and extraordinary fast autofocus. Furthermore their unique (VC) vibration technology has been improved to allow for a more compact design.
It has a high level of usability, featuring a focal length range that covers just about every photographic situation. The lens not only covers everything from wide-angle for landscape to tele for close-up photography, but also offers light-macro capability at a maximum magnification ratio of 1:3.8 throughout the focal length range, to magnify the small things in life. Its compact size and lightweight construction make it the ideal travel companion.
The Nikon and Canon mounts of the 18-270mm f/3.5-6.3 Di II VC PZD will become available from the end of December and the Sony mount will become available at a later date, which is yet to be announced.
Product features at a glance:
- 15X Zoom – largest focal length range in the world
- Compact and light-weight, easy to always carry with you
- Silent and very fast Piezo-ultrasonic motor
- VC (Vibration Compensation) image stabilizer
- Maximum magnification ratio 1:3.8 at a minimum focus distance of 0.49m
- Di II lens – optimized for use with APS-C format digital sensors
The recommended retail price for the Tamron 18-270mm VC PZD is £649.99.
For more information please visit the Intro 2020 website.