Silver Efex Pro2 announced22 January 2011
Nik Software have announced Silver Efex Pro 2, a major upgrade to its award-winning Silver Efex Pro software, widely regarded as the leading black-and-white software solution on the market today.
Silver Efex Pro 2 introduces new features that offer even more control over detail, contrast, and tonality, making it easier than ever to transform color photographs into stunning black-and-white images. Silver Efex Pro 2 includes new features such as the History Browser, Dynamic Brightness, Amplify Blacks, Amplify Whites, Soft Contrast, Fine Structure, Image Borders, and selective colorization, as well as a variety of speed and quality improvements. The new features of Silver Efex Pro 2, combined with Nik Software's award-winning U Point technology, will continue to evolve black-and-white photography.
Ideal for any photographer passionate about black-and-white photography, Silver Efex Pro 2 features a wide variety of innovative enhancements to ensure the highest quality results. Silver Efex Pro includes unique features and functions, including specially designed algorithms for black-and-white photography, a unique all-in-one workflow, and the ability to fine-tune images with precise selective adjustments.
Nik Software’s proprietary U Point technology provides revolutionary selective editing by enabling photographers to precisely make detail, contrast, and tonality enhancements without the need for complicated selections or layer masks. Enhancements are automatically blended throughout an image for natural results. Finishing adjustments such as vignette controls, toning, burn edges and borders make it possible to easily accomplish everything needed for amazing black-and-white images.
- New History Browser facilitates intuitive comparison of previous edits and different looks New Dynamic Brightness enables adaptive brightening adjustments for different areas in the image
- New Amplify Blacks and Amplify Whites increases the presence of highlights and shadows adaptively throughout the image, creating a unique contrast effect
- New Visual Presets categorized by photographic style provide great, single-click starting points, which can be edited and shared with others
- New Soft Contrast applies contrast intelligently, based on image details, creating a less harsh contrast and a stylized mood
- New Fine Structure brings out even the smallest details and textures resulting in more visible image detail without creating an over-sharpened look
- New Image Borders use organic image elements to create unique and completely random borders, giving classic darkroom-style edges a modern look with infinite possibilities
- New Selective colorization easily adds color elements back into images utilizing U Point technology to precisely select objects
- New GPU Processing takes full advantage of the processors found on advanced display adapters providing even faster performance
Silver Efex Pro 2 will be available in February 2011 directly from Nik Software, through specialty camera retailers, and through online and national resellers.